We have a new address at CoachBechler.Blogspot.com. Please visit the new site and subscribe. Thanks.

Friday, March 30, 2012

15 Best Books for Leaders

"I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday."
ABE LINCOLN

As a basketball coach, I have a tremendous opportunity to lead and influence people every day.  Certainly leadership involves a great many things, however, I have found that constantly learning and re-learning methods, strategies, and insights gives me a better chance to lead in a positive manner.  Reading books is one of the key resources that I utilize in trying to sharpen my leadership skills.  Every once in awhile, I'll even read a book again because it was so good.  Below are some of the books that I'd recommend highly for anyone seeking to be a better leader. These are not necessarily coaching books, but a variety of books that hit upon a number of key leadership areas. With summer fast approaching, maybe go to your local library or go online and get a copy of any of these books that you haven't read.  You won't be disappointed with the valuable insights in these books.
 
1. "How to Win Friends and Influence People" (Dale Carnegie) 
2. "Good to Great"  (Jim Collins) 
3. "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People"  (Stephen Covey)    
4. "Leadership Is An Art"  (Max De Pree)
5. "Leadership"   (Rudolph Giuliani)
15. "It's Called WORK For A Reason"   (Larry Winget)

      No comments:

      Post a Comment